Friday, January 14, 2011

IIS and missing line numbers from stack traces

Hello...

So I ran into an interesting problem today.  I was trying to get line numbers to show up in stack traces.  I made sure that I compiled the code to generate .pdb file and also made sure that the code was compiled without optimization.  I then had some code devide by zero to generate an error.  The line numbers didn't get printed out until I set the IIS authentication to be only 'Windows Authentication' (logged in as a domain admin).  So it looks like there are some permissions needed to get the line numbers in a stack trace.  When I get more time I dig into this more.... 

Happy coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment