Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Error when creating a new organization

I was trying to create a new crm organization the other day and ran into a strange error:

Cannot create a file when that file already exists. 
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700B7) 

This left me scratching my head for a while as it's not a very helpful message.  I did a quick inventory of the things I had recently changed on the server and realized that the website that runs the report server was off because I had installed SharePoint on port 80.  I just shutdown the SharePoint website, fired up the SSRS website and tried to re-create the new crm organization.  It worked without a hitch...

Have fun,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment